Thai Salmon fishcakes
- 200g salmon fillets
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded or 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 spring onions
- handful fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1-2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- coconut oil
- Put everything but the salmon and pepper into a blender and whiz until finely chopped.
- Add the salmon and salt and pepper to taste and blend again until well minced. It may look quite sloppy but don’t panic.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan and blob tablespoons of the mixture into the pan (makes about 8 small fishcakes or 4 large ones). If they start to spit, turn the heat down. Putting a lid on will help to cook them through evenly.
- Let one side seal properly before trying to turn over. They are ready when firm and golden brown.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and black pepper and a huge pile of stir-fried sliced cabbage or other veggies of your choice.