- 2 chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 tblsp flour
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 5-6 tblsp sesame seeds
- 150g green beans trimmed
- 1 celeriac, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut the chicken fillets into two or three pieces. Coat very lightly with flour, dip in beaten egg and then dip in the sesame seeds. Make sure they are well coated.
- Place the coated fillets in the grill pan under a hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked. The flesh should not be pink at all.
- To make the celeriac mash, peel and slice the celeriac. Cook in a steamer until tender, then place in a blender and purée or mash with a potato masher, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the green beans in a steamer or in a little water until they are al dente or still slightly crisp to the bite. Serve with the sesame grilled chicken and celeriac mash.
(Recipe from Holford P and Ridgway J (1999) The Optimum Nutrition Cookbook,